Wednesday, July 11, 2012

23 Weeks

Today marks 23 weeks!! Only one more week and I'll reach viability- hooray!




Today I made a trip to one of the local WIC office and was able to qualify for WIC benefits. This will be really helpful in at least reducing our food bill every month. I'll get things like milk, eggs, cheese, cereal, veggies, fruit, bread, etc and once baby gets here I will get even more because I plan to exclusively breast feed. We are right on the boarder of qualifying or not, so I am really glad we do. They also have lots of great resources to help with breastfeeding including providing me with a quality breast pump. Yay for one less thing to buy! LOL They are requiring me to see a nutritionist from the WIC office because I have a history of hypertension. I wish they would leave that to my doctor (since I see her regularly and my blood pressure has been under control with meds for years) and my Kaiser nutritionist, but.... oh well. I'll do what I need to do.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. We have a fetal MRI scheduled for tomorrow- exciting! This MRI will allow the neurosurgeon to get a much clearer and more accurate picture of Natalie's neural tube defect. Once they have this information he and his team can really know what to expect and be able to plan her surgery and care accordingly. I am pretty curious to see the images. You should google "fetal MRI" images... it's pretty amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment